Thursday, May 6, 2010

Today is the day



Today I shall be voting - for a party I have never voted for before. The whole fight the home-educators have had to endure over the last 2 years has meant I have learned a lot about the politial process and studied politics in more detail.I have shared what I have learned with my kids as I would like them to know more about how our system works and more importantly what you can do as an individual to help change policies or prevent bills being passed.
So I shall be sleeping infront of the tv tonight waiting as the results come in to find out who wins and then calculate how long it may be before we have to put on our home-ed armour again and defend our rights to educate our children as we choose.
A right that currently seems so fragile......

No comments: