Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 3 of experiment school.....
Well M has been on a school roll for 8 days now but today was her third day due to the school being shut because of the snow and M being ill. She was a bit nervous about going yesterday after a weeks break but it is always her choice. I dropped her off and when she got home later, she seemed to have had a good day because they had done art which she loves. She doesn't talk much about the work they do which is odd but I leave her to that. She did mention how she has to write about the rain forest today. I asked her had they taught her anything about it and she said no, she is just supposed to write about it!! She also mentioned how she got "told off" because a girl asked her a question while the teacher was talking and she answered! I have told her she can stay at school as long as she wants and when she has had enough to let me know. I did explain though that I am planning some trips out which we would have to do twice at weekends so she can come.
This morning I had overslept due to teenagers keeping me awake so it was rather rushed to eat, dress and get out in 20 minutes. The pavements are slippy ice now so walking to the school takes nearly half an hour. I am enjoying the ritual of an early morning walk, grab a paper and brew when I get home, but am also finding my morning whizzes by really quickly because of the hour taken up by school drop off. Oh well, I see it as a learning experiment and have the de-reg letter saved up should I need it soon!

On Monday it was D's 14th birthday. We had an arts award session at my house in the morning, which means there are no more sessions now before they have their files moderated at the end of January. Eeeek!
D mostly got cash which she may decide to spend at some point. We ordered Chinese take out and had tooo much food that evening lol. We bought cupcakes and put candles on and I got some lovely photos on my phone of her.

She has also had 2 sleepovers here and has plans to go to the cinema today and maybe shopping later. Ah, the chilled life of a 14 year old!

I have put off phoning the exam centre I am trying to arrange for A to sit an exam at, as it always seems really complicated when I call, yet I must do it today as I HAVE to book a centre. I also have to e-mail a survey A has done for people to respond to for her Sociology. I bought myself this with the idea I can make a daily list, over my brew each morning so I don't forget stuff I need to do but I am currently out of sync due to the horrible virus I had over Christmas - which may have been swine flu but didn't do a test to find out. Consequently my energy is very low and I am having trouble getting myself into gear. Hoping that improves soon.

No comments: